Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Non Boat Related, Forum for topics not really having anything to do with boats.
  • Page:

TOPIC: John Gibson...

Re:John Gibson... 12 years 5 months ago #51573

• Shelby18
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 0
Excellent. All must have gone well. Now time for the recovery to begin. I hope that goes well for him also.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Great to be on board.
Rick

Re:John Gibson... 12 years 5 months ago #51575

Shelby18 wrote:

Excellent. All must have gone well. Now time for the recovery to begin. I hope that goes well for him also.

Ditto!

Re:John Gibson... 12 years 5 months ago #51579

• Shipster
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Thanks Ron. Send him our regards. Thanks.

Re:John Gibson... 12 years 5 months ago #51580

Good to hear. I was thinking about him. I have another friend going in for a hip replacement on Monday

Todd (aka thetudor)
1964 Custom Craft Aqua Ray
1959 Glastron Seaflite
1959 Tomahawk Spirit

Re:John Gibson... 12 years 5 months ago #51583

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
That IS good news, thanks for passing it along Ron!

Mark

Re:John Gibson... 12 years 5 months ago #51587

hi all,and you thought ya could keep me away,lol,just kidding.
thanks for all of your thoughts and well wishes.
i want to thank "ed"john gordon for keeping my wife company from 8:30 am until about 4:30 pm,at the hospital.
things went well the doctor was able to do it orthoscopecly,he ground out the arthritis and cut out my torn miniscus,he also did some grinding on my worn out knee cap,(if that doesnt work i will get a new knee cap)then drilled into the bone of my leg to get the marrow to drain into the joint,then injected my own blood plateletts to help the healing,its a new procedure.
im going to be on crutches for a little while but they have me moving it already,so i hope to get back to work doing the firetruck and restoring all of my good friends boat/motor parts.thanks for thinking of me,john
Attachments:

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:John Gibson... 12 years 5 months ago #51590

• vuyosevich
  • vuyosevich's Avatar Topic Author
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 2
whats that tatoo signify?

Re:John Gibson... 12 years 5 months ago #51592

ron,before surgery the surgeon comes in and writes his initials on the leg thats being worked on,so that they dont do the wrong leg,although it wouldnt matter they are both bad,lol,lol,john

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:John Gibson... 12 years 5 months ago #51593

• Andgott
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Good to hear that it all went well, John... You'll be back working in no time, for sure!

Re:John Gibson... 12 years 5 months ago #51598

• Neil
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Glad to hear it went well John. Take it slow and heal well.
Neil

Neil and Mary Ousnamer

Re:John Gibson... 12 years 5 months ago #51601

thanks fellas,now i gotta go lay down,lol,john

---Mark Twain

Re:John Gibson... 12 years 5 months ago #51602

John, take care of your health. the projects can wait. Glad to hear everything went well.

Todd (aka thetudor)
1964 Custom Craft Aqua Ray
1959 Glastron Seaflite
1959 Tomahawk Spirit

Re:John Gibson... 12 years 5 months ago #51604

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 167
FWIW said a prayer for ya today while I was on the road. The knees look good compaired to mine. Broke the right cap in gradeschool back in '56 playing football, wired it together. I can tell the weather better than the best forcaster.
Glad to see everything worked out well, don't push the recovery too fast.
Cal

Re:John Gibson... 12 years 5 months ago #51609

Ron, thanks for posting buddy.

John, So glad everything went so well. As everyone has said, take your time the projects aren't going anywhere. ;) Also make sure you do all the therapy exercises they give you, even if it's tight or sore, you'll be glad you did when it's all over, believe me. Kim (my wife) had her ACL replaced with a tendon and if she hadn't done all the therapy she'd be paying for it now, but she has full movement and no restrictions.

Take care buddy!

Bob

Re:John Gibson... 12 years 5 months ago #51612

• Shipster
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
John, good to see you back on the forums. Take care...SLOWLY.

Re:John Gibson... 12 years 5 months ago #51625

• frog
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
john, glad to hear your home, and all went well today. get alot of rest and yes do the therapy. take your time and do not worry about anything but getting well. the rest will take care of themselves. frog

Re:John Gibson... 12 years 4 months ago #51629

thanks again my friends,i appreciate your kind thoughts,and words.
its 3:19 am,and my knee has balooned,it has swealed up a bit, while i was sleeping,time to cool it down some more,lol.
Attachments:

---Mark Twain

Re:John Gibson... 12 years 4 months ago #51633

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5

time to cool it down some more,lol.

Roger that, John! Kick back and take it easy for a while buddy. Hope you heal quickly, but that's probably going to be pretty sore for a few days? Enjoy the break if you can. :)

Mark

Re:John Gibson... 12 years 4 months ago #51638

• Todd
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
Morning John,

I can honestly say I wish there was some way we could all take the pain for a day and leave you all better in the end.

May I recommend bags of frozen peas or corn as the way to keep the swelling down. The bags conform to the leg well and can be reused over and over.

Like the other guys are saying, take care of yourself. We all need you to be ready for spring when we can all get back in the water.

Re:John Gibson... 12 years 4 months ago #51643

Glad to hear surgery went so well. Hope you are able to rest this weekend w/ the swelling. Push through the early frustration & you'll be back at it soon enough. The projects & newbies needing guidance will all still be there when your up & around. Recovery took much less time then we all thought it would when my mother-in-law got a new hip in Jan. There's also a synthetic rooster comb (insert favorite inappropriate rooster/c@&k joke here) :laugh: injection therapy for knees. May be an option for your other knee until your ready to go through surgery again....

Live vicariously through the forums. Maybe get the wife to come by occasionally & dust you w/ talc. Then at least you'll 'look' like you've been working w/ some 'glass.... :cheer:

We'll have good thoughts for a speedy recovery. Take care & listen to both the wife & doctors, that's why we pay 'em the big bucks! :huh:

Be well & thanks for all that you add to this & other forums...

Re:John Gibson... 12 years 4 months ago #51648

• Todd
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
I forgot to ask this in my last post, John, but do you have one of those little bells to ring when you want something? I know where my wife would "hide" it if I was on the mend and tried it, but...

Re:John Gibson... 12 years 4 months ago #51660

thanks mark,thanks todd,yep i know where that bell would be put,if i tried that,lol.
thanks jb,the swelling has went down for now,i already had injections ,once a week for 5 weeks in both knees,but unfotunatly they didnt work.
my father in law is here so im going to get him to take my welder out of the basement and into the garage so i can at least weld some small angle iron to the inside of the sides of the firetruck ,soon i hope.thanks to all of you,john

---Mark Twain

Re:John Gibson... 12 years 4 months ago #51680

Hi John--I was just catching up on posts, and read about your surgery. Best wishes for a speedy recovery. From friends who have had a similar procedure done, like some of the other posters I've heard that the physical therapy, as boring and tedious as it is, is the key to a full recovery, and will be well worth it in the long run. Hope you get well soon.

Shannon

Shannon

Re:John Gibson... 12 years 4 months ago #51684

John,

As they say, "Easy does it". Hope your recovery is as smooth as your projects.

Ken

Hello, World!!

Re:John Gibson... 12 years 4 months ago #51697

Hi John ......Very glad to hear that all went well. Take it easy and don't rush things. Your projects will be there for you when your ready.

Jon

Re:John Gibson... 12 years 4 months ago #51699

thank you shannon and ken,i kind of over did it today i wanted to work on the firetruck project,so i went outside and walked around with my crutches,but i did too much,very swollen now,lol,lots of cold compresses,and i cant sleep ,lol,my wife told me so,lol,john

---Mark Twain

Re:John Gibson... 12 years 4 months ago #51700

thanks jon sob,but i didnt listen,lol,its going to be a long night,lol.

---Mark Twain

Re:John Gibson... 12 years 4 months ago #51703

Hey John,
That stuff can wait! You get better first. We all want you well when the warmer weather comes . That way you can do your thing! :laugh:

Re:John Gibson... 12 years 4 months ago #51704

Hey John,
That stuff can wait! You get better first. We all want you well when the warmer weather comes . That way you can do your thing! :laugh:
Attachments:

Re:John Gibson... 12 years 4 months ago #51705

Hey John,
Attachments:

Re:John Gibson... 12 years 4 months ago #51715

Heal quickly my friend.

Re:John Gibson... 12 years 4 months ago #51726

thanks dave,thanks bob,im already not using crutches,i have one of those quad canes,im using it now,i think im doing pretty good,john

---Mark Twain

Re:John Gibson... 12 years 4 months ago #51728

• Shipster
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
How about just using a Lazy-Boy. Just a thought.

Re:John Gibson... 12 years 4 months ago #51732

lol,shipster,its a good thought,lol.
but its nice out today,im going to see if my wife can help me get my welder into the garage today,im chomping at the bit,lol.
by the way thank you shipster for the calendars,but you better ship me something to restore or customize,lol.john

---Mark Twain

Re:John Gibson... 12 years 4 months ago #51733

• Shipster
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Can I send you my Crosby?

Re:John Gibson... 12 years 4 months ago #51773

yep,ya can,i told ya i would restore something for you,lol,it just might take a really long time,lol,john

---Mark Twain

Re:John Gibson... 12 years 4 months ago #51774

Good to hear your gettin' round. I had a knee done in 2000. Doc said it would feel better right away and I'ld be back to work in a week. A year later I was ready to trade the Glastrons for a wheel chair. TAKE IS EASY!!! Customize some Christmas cookies & restore the broken ones ;)

Re:John Gibson... 12 years 4 months ago #51778

thanks cat,im just now walking around without the cane,at least in the house,the worst part is the swelling it wont let me bend my leg,i keep putting on the ice packs they gave mr,but not much help.
and i will get right on those cookies,lol,lol.john

---Mark Twain

Re:John Gibson... 12 years 4 months ago #51790

• jim bart
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
"cant keep a good man down!"

Wasnt online for a few days, but glad to hear you are up and around,
but take it easy for awhile, even though you're probably anxious to get goin again...

Re:John Gibson... 12 years 4 months ago #51798

lol,thanks jim,my "plan" is to go out to the garage and weld the small angle to the sides of the truck,at least thats the plan,lol,john

---Mark Twain
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.330 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

The Pink Lady
( / Boats)

The Pink Lady
05-02-2024

Gator 9" wheels Wanted